Go to the internet and research various brain disorders and diseases.
The biology concepts presented in this course are taught in a way that encourages you to make the connection between textbook biology and biology that appears in newspapers and periodicals. This assignment will encourage you to make the connection between the textbook and the world you live in.
Format: At least one page in length, Minimum of 1,000 words, 1-inch margins, size 12 font, double spaced.
Sources: All sources must be properly cited within and at end of paper. Use MLA or APA style.
Please do the following:
· Go to the internet and research various brain disorders and diseases. Choose a disorder/disease and complete detailed research.
· Find at least two articles describing the disorder/disease. The articles must be relatively current and correlate with the topic. (Don’t use an article that just mentions these terms in passing).
· This paper should consist of five carefully prepared paragraphs.
· The first paragraph will be a brief historical summary of the disorder/disease.
· The second paragraph will be a summary of the signs, symptoms, stages of the disorder/disease, and statistics.
· The third paragraph will be summary of any evaluations to diagnose, short-term and long-term treatments, medications, and possible cures.
· The fourth paragraph will be a summary of the various society viewpoints of this disorder/disease.
· The fifth paragraph will be your opinion about how this disorder/disease has affected your life. (example: if I were writing this paper, I would choose Alzheimer’s because of my grandfather’s diagnosis).