Provide two kinds of evidence that support the idea that life could have originated on earth.
PART I: SHORT ANSWER
Directions: Please answer each of the following questions. Please ensure that your responses are at least 3 to 5 sentences in length.
1. Provide two kinds of evidence that support the idea that life could have originated on earth.
2. Why must the first organism of earth have been anaerobic?
3. List two distinguishing characteristics of each of the following domains: Bacteria, Archaea, and Eukarya.
4. Describe four kinds of evidence scientists use to place organisms into a logical phylogeny.
5. List the four kingdoms of the domain Eukarya, and give two distinguishing characteristics for each.
6. Describe how viruses reproduce.
7. What is a thermophile? A halophile?
8. Name two beneficial results of fungal growth activity.
9. List two ways that scientific names are different from common names for organisms.
10. What taxonomic groups are included in the category known as microorganisms?
PART II: ESSAY
Directions: Write a 1 to 2 page, double-spaced paper in 12 pt. font in response to the following question. Find one article using AAU’s LIRN (library) to use as support. Please use APA format. Please visit the Academic Resource Center for an effective guide on how use LIRN and for concise APA guidelines.
The Super bug
Many of you may have heard of the “super bug.” The reason for its name is because many people take too many different forms of antibiotics for just about anything. When people take too many antibiotics, it causes bacteria to become resistant to antibiotic agents. As the bacteria become drug resistant, we are becoming more at risk for infections that we cannot cure. Please read the article titled, “Resistance to Antibiotics: Are We in the Post-Antibiotic Era?” Please provide your thoughts on drug resistance, and explain what you thought was an important fact from this article.
NOTE: A link to this article can be found in the Module 7 Homework Assignment Instructions page.