Why are enzymes critical to the function of cells? That is, why not simply let chemical reaction occur without interference?
1) Why are enzymes critical to the function of cells? That is, why not simply let chemical reaction occur without interference?
2) What type of molecules are enzymes (i.e., lipids, nucleic acids, etc)?
3) What wavelengths of light are best suited for use in photosynthesis?
4) Why is photosynthesis critical to nearly every life form, not just plants and algae?
5) If animals exercise anaerobically (without sufficient oxygen) for an extended period of time, lactic acid accumulates in their muscles and causes cramping. In the context of cellular respiration, explain why this phenomenon occurs.
6) Briefly explain the function of ATP synthase and the importance of ATP to all cells.
7) Why would a typical animal cell lyses (explode) if placed into a container of plain water?
8) What is the difference between passive and active transport through a cell membrane? Which method allows a cell to concentrate a substance inside itself?