A SWOT analysis is used as a strategic planning technique by businesses and/or individuals to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to a planned project. It identifies conditions that are favorable or unfavorable to achieving the goal of the project by grouping them into categories:
Strengths and Weakness are frequently internally related, while Opportunities and Threats commonly focus on environmental factors.
- Strengths: characteristics of the projected solution that give it an advantage over others.
- Weaknesses: characteristics that place the projected solution at a disadvantage relative to others.
- Opportunities: elements in the environment that the projected solution could exploit to its advantage.
- Threats: elements in the environment that could cause trouble for the projected solution.
- Download the worksheet attached to this assignment below.
- Based on what you found in your annotated bibliography, identify a plan that you could propose/implement that addresses your health issue.
- Be specific and list the objectives and the interventions needed on the worksheet.
- Then list 3 each of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to your proposed solution.
- Finally, list ways you can capitalize on the strengths and opportunities, and ways you can mitigate the weaknesses and threats, when thinking about your plan.