Read the case study “Cyclospora in the Wedding Cake” and then write a short case analysis addressing the following questions:
- What is the source of the infection?
- How did the biological characteristics of the pathogen influence your conclusion?
- What biological characteristics contribute to its threat to the food supply?
- How can you use the knowledge of its biological characteristics to prevent or control the disease?
- Propose a strategy to mitigate the disease risk and demonstrate how the strategy addresses the biologic principles of the disease.