Incrisis hospital has been concerned with the increased number of calls from patients regarding their quality of care from a variety of departments, including its emergency room, and its surgery, oncology, and X-ray/lab departments.
Incrisis is a 100-bed acute facility and was established in 2006. The human resource department hired you as a consultant to review the quality of care issue and make a recommendation on creating a quality assurance department.
Develop a 10- to 15-slide PowerPoint presentation to provide to the board of directors.
The presentation should cover the following topics:
- The link between cost and quality in healthcare. Cite at least two studies conducted in the past five years supporting your response.
- The role health insurance plays in cost, quality, and healthcare consumer expectations.
- The various customers (e.g., patients, families, providers, insurance companies) and the healthcare quality from their perspective.
- At least three current business initiatives driving healthcare quality.
- The role that national policy plays on the quality of healthcare.
- A clear explanation of why the quality assurance department should be created.
Submit the PowerPoint presentation to the M3: Assignment 2 Dropbox by Week 3, Day 7.
Assignment 2 Grading CriteriaMaximum Points Discussed the link between cost and quality in healthcare and cited two studies.28Described the role health insurance plays in cost, quality, and healthcare consumer expectations.24Identified the customers and defined healthcare quality from their perspective.32Identified three business initiatives driving healthcare quality.24Articulated the impact of national policy on the quality of healthcare.24Demonstrated an understanding of the principles and practices of healthcare quality by making a recommendation to create a quality assurance department.24Style (4 points): Tone, audience, and word choice
Organization (12 points): Introduction, transitions, and conclusion
Usage and Mechanics (12 points): Grammar, spelling, and sentence structure
APA Elements (16 points): In-text citations and references, paraphrasing, and appropriate use of quotations and other elements of style44Total: