1. Read: Discussion Background
Healthcare employers across the nation have indicated the need for individuals who understand claims processing and billing regulations, possess accurate basic coding skills, have the ability to successfully appeal underpaid or denied insurance claims, and demonstrate workplace professionalism.
Complete the MBC Mid-Program review module to answer this week’s discussion prompts.
MBC Mid-Program Review Module
2. Initial Post: Create a new thread and answer all three parts of the initial prompt below
- Describe what professionalism means to you
- Identify what you think is the most important topic presented in the review module and explain how it affects the patient to payment process (revenue cycle).
- Explain one possible issue that could arise if insurance is not verified during the check-in process