Your initial post should read approximately 250 to 350 words in length and include at least one citation from the bibliography of your textbook chapter, with the accompanying reference in APA format. To receive the maximum points, your post should include a reference from the textbook, an article of your choosing, and one of this week’s ancillary readings.
What is one value added to a person’s health and well-being through sports participation that you had not considered before?
- Identify one major point from the textbook that was a new learning point for you
- Retrieve one article/citation from the chapter bibliography that was referenced to make this point
- Apply what you learned from reading this additional article
- Address how reading this additional article built upon this major point from the text
- Discuss contradictory information from the article to the text’s main point
- Follow APA guidelines
Williams, J. M., & Krane, V. (Eds.). (2021). Applied sports psychology: Personal growth to peak performance (8th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education.
- Chapter 4: The Motivational Climate, Motivation, and Implications for Empowering Athletes and the Promotion of the Quality of Sport Engagement
- Chapter 9: Psychological Characteristics of Peak Performance
- Singh, R. (2012). Positive and negative impact of sports on youth. International Res Jour Managt Socio Human, 3, 780-787.
- Taylor, P., Davies, L., Wells, P., Gilbertson, J., & Tayleur, W. (2015). A review of the social impacts of culture and sport. CASE: The Culture and Sport Evidence Programme.