Public health officials can play a huge part in disaster planning and emergency preparedness.
Analyze disaster response and emergency preparedness:
- Identify nursing roles and responsibilities during each phase of disaster management. Consider:
- Evaluate your community or state’s plan for preparedness and disaster management:
- Does it include provisions for each phase of preparedness and disaster planning?
- Does it clearly account for community needs?
- Does the plan include evidence of thought beyond the written report?
- Is there evidence of a record keeping system for resources, treatment, and identification of victims?
- Are there redundancies built into the plan should one option fail? Are backup plans in place?
- Analyze the plan for addressing mass casualty situations.
Include at least one peer-reviewed and one evidence-based reference, and an APA-formatted reference page.
Format your assignment as one of the following:
- 7- to 10-slide presentation
- 1- to 2-minute podcast
- 7- to 10-minute oral presentation
- 350- to 525-word paper
- Legal-sized infographic
- Another format approved by your instructor