Assignment 2: Teaching Plan Project
As part of the teaching plan you began in Week 3, this week you will create a 10-page paper (excluding the title page, references, and Appendices) considering a specific population and topic to be taught to the learners on a patient safety initiative from the IOM and QSEN competencies. This can be for a group of patients in a hospital setting, staff education, or a group of clients in a community setting (such as Planned Parenthood, adult education).
Lesson Planning and Teaching Strategies
In this section of the teaching plan, you are asked to research and discuss your selected teaching strategies taking into consideration the learning needs, learning styles, and cultural diversity of your target audience. Incorporate a variety of teaching strategies that includes innovative teaching strategies to promote an active learning environment. Integrate appropriate technology-based teaching strategies and evidence-based techniques into your teaching plan. In the Appendix, include the handouts that will be distributed and any other additional teaching aids.
In this section, you will create an assignment using technology in nursing education that is designed to evaluate students’ learning on the achievement of the objectives stated in your teaching plan.
To get started, visit:
This web page provides information on how to create effective assignments. Also, at the bottom of the page there is a checklist which can be used as a guide to ensure that you include all of the necessary components in the assignment you create.
Be sure to include the following:
- The purpose of the evaluative assignment that uses technology in nursing education
- A written description of the assignment (not a test, an evaluative assignment)
- The assignment instructions, as they will appear to learners
- Clear expectations regarding format and presentation, required citation style, due dates, and consequences for late submissions
- Evaluation criteria (how you plan to grade the assignment, i.e., rubric)
- Points or percentage value to pass
As you create your paper, be sure that you follow APA guidelines for writing style, spelling and grammar, and citation of sources. Submit this assignment to the W4: Assignment 2 Dropbox .