After reading Chapters Seven and Eight of our text, Literacy: Helping Students Construct Meaning, you will write a three to five page paper that has three parts.
In Part I, you are to provide a reflective response to the following three questions. Justify your response using examples from current research.
- What is the relationship between reading and writing?
- Why is responding an important component of a research-based literacy program?
- Why is it important for educators to know the stages of writing development?
In Part II, you are to use specific examples from your experience, the course text, and other scholarly sources to do the following regarding the challenges and adjustments for English Language Learners (ELL).
- Summarize some challenges ELL students might encounter when responding in literacy situations.
- Propose adjustments that can be made to ensure the success of ELL students.
In Part III, you are to use specific examples from your experience, the course text and other scholarly sources to:
- Critique the use of process writing as an instructional method.
- Explain how to incorporate writing conventions, spelling, and grammar in a process-based writing program.
Your paper must be three to five pages not including the title or reference pages. It must be written in APA format per the Ashford Writing Center Guidelines. Include at least two scholarly resources, in addition to the course text, for a total of at least three scholarly sources.