Example Personal Essay
In Week Three, you wrote a personal essay draft in which you described a person, place, or object that has special meaning in your life or a particular moment or occurrence in your life that had special meaning to you.
This week, you will complete this draft and turn in your final Personal Essay. Please be sure to read and review the “Example Personal Essay” document before beginning your final draft for more guidance on writing a descriptive essay.Be sure to utilize one of the writing patterns described in Chapter 6. The Personal Essay must be at least 1000 words (excluding the title page). Review the Example Personal Essay.
Your essay must include
- A clear thesis statement in the introductory paragraph.
- Specific details about the person, place, object, or event so that readers can visualize the subject and/or feel present in the story (i.e., your essay should be specific and appeal to the five senses).
- A concluding paragraph.
As you are writing this essay, please pay attention to the areas that you struggled with in the “Grammar Assessment” quiz and “Practice Essay” assignment. Please also incorporate your instructor’s feedback on your journal assignments, your Week Three draft, and other activities completed throughout this course.
When submitting your Personal Essay, make sure to
- Proofread your work for errors in grammar, mechanics, and style.
- Check that the essay is at least 1000 words.
- Use the “APA Template” handout provided to format your essay.
- Include a title page with the following: