Final Project: Project Plan
This assignment consists of three (3) sections: a written project plan, a revised Gantt chart or project plan, and a project plan PowerPoint presentation. You must submit the three (3) sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment for which it is written. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
While taking all business and project parameters into consideration, make quality assumptions to support the following requirements.
Section 1: Written Project Plan
You are now in the final stage of the project plan development. All previous documentation will be combined into one (1) document that will serve as the statement of work for the project. Your goal is to have the project approved by the executive team and the venture capital group. The project plan is very detailed which is appropriate to accomplish the monumental task of implementation. However, the executive team is only interested in a ten (10) minute summation. Therefore, you also must create a compelling executive summary that is supported by your detail that convinces the executive group that your solution is optimal.
1. Write an eight to ten (8-10) page executive summary in which you provide a high-level technical overview of your project where you address the following:
- Describe the scope of the project and control measures.
- Describe the goals and objectives of the project.
- Give a detailed, realistically estimated cost analysis of the entire project.
- Relate the value of the project plan solution to the competitive advantage that information technology will afford your organization.
- Provide all aspects of the information technology implementation into the project plan.
- Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in MS Visio and MS Project as appendix of the Word document. Make reference of these files in the body of the Word document.
Section 2: Revised Gantt Chart / Project Plan
Use Microsoft Project or an open source alternative, such as Open Project, to:
2. Update the Gantt chart or project plan (summary and detail) template, from Project Deliverable 4: Infrastructure and Security, with all the project tasks.
Section 3: Project Plan PowerPoint Presentation
Additional to your detailed executive summary you must present your findings to the executive team and the venture capital group that, along with the executive summary, will convince the group that your solution is optimal.
3. Create a ten to fifteen (10-15) slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
a. Illustrate the concepts from your written report in Section 1 of this assignment.
b. Create bulleted speaking notes for your presentation to the executive board in the Notes section of the PowerPoint. Note: You may create or assume any fictitious names, data, or scenarios that have not been established in this assignment for a realistic flow of communication.
c. Use a professional technically written style to graphically convey the information.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Demonstrate an understanding of existing and emerging information technologies and strategic impact on organizational operations.
- Evaluate the issues and challenges associated with information technology integration.
- Summarize the competitive advantage that information technology affords to organizations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information technology.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic issues and practices in the information technology domain using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.